Close

OCU C)NP A Week 05 Lesson 09 Discussion

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jessica Jagerson
      Keymaster

Provide at least two impressions you had when reading chapter 9, Day to Day Networking.

Aaron Elliott
      Participant

Reading chapter nine I have the impression the daily activities will involve plenty of maintenance and performance monitoring. Ensuring that there is adequate performance from devices and servers, be that replacing components being replaced in devices, or making sure bandwidth and other metrics are at appropriate usage.

Another impression I have is the importance of backing up data. To continue important business functions, any loss of data would be a major detriment, and backing up data and redundancy is the main countermeasure for such a problem. Along with data recovery, redundant site resources, like hot and cold sites for emergency operations in case of natural disasters, or back up servers are critical to keep operations running.

Ashly Jackson
        Participant

Great expressions on your two impressions. Sometimes networking can be harder we think but the aim is to learn good networking skills. Networking in the workplace benefits everybody involved. It is important because it helps build professional relationships, opens doors to new opportunities, and facilitates the exchange of ideas and best practices. It also aids in career development, personal growth, and business success.

jmontgomery2
        Participant

Great points in your post, I also got the same feeling when first reading this chapter. The replacement of parts is no different than maintaining a tractor or airplane and that allows this field to feel more natural in a sense.

Ashly Jackson
      Participant

The first and most obvious benefit is the opportunity to expand your professional network. Every new contact has a chance to become a future partner, collaborator, lead, employee, or customer. So it’s worth building a Rolodex. Networking also gives you the potential to expose your personal brand. You can build a good reputation by attending a few public events and attending networking events regularly. With enough contacts and a wide network of contacts, you could become an under-the-radar local celebrity. Meeting new people gives you the opportunity to learn something new, whether it’s a new skill or simply a new perspective on the professional world. The more people you meet, the more knowledge and experience you gain. Most networking events are informal opportunities to connect with other people. Therefore, punctuality is not a top priority. However, if the event has a schedule, please ensure proper entry. If you arrive at the event too early, when nobody is around, you might have a tough time settling into the event. If you arrive after festivities have started, people might see you differently, or worse, brand you as “the one who showed up late” before they even have a chance to meet you. When networking, it is always important to be ready to share your information and experience. Your preparedness and organization in these early meetings can go a long way in impressing potential employers. Keep multiple (fresh) copies of your resumé or samples of your work on-hand. A great way to keep your resume clean is to use a resume folder.

Amy Hastings
        Participant

Great detail in this, I agree it is important to share your knowledge and information as this is very important to do in this field of work. I also think you did amazing at explaining what chapter nine is about and the way you took the information given in it.

Amy Hastings
      Participant

When reading chapter nine, Day to Day Networking, I had a great impression of being able to further my network some day and where it may lead me some day as well. I think that chapter nine also helped me realize and see new benefits and opportunities to have my own brand or product eventually in life. It really opens my eyes and my mindset to see the different paths I could take the further expand, it also is amazing on how many options and opportunities that I could have in this field of work. It also shows just how important it is to keep all your work and knowledge together in case it may be needed in the future of my IT work some day. As this can be very helpful to get a job in this field.

jmontgomery2
      Participant

One impression I got from the chapter on day to day networking was how nuanced networking could become. This is a positive trait however as the field of IT is gigantic and even the day to day job has it’s own special behind the scenes feel to it.
      A second impression from chapter 9 is the importance of contingency plans in networking. Keeping a setup safe from everything including the moisture in the building is a top priority. There is definitely a lot for me to learn before I can become a professional in this field.

Aaron Elliott
        Participant

I appreciate the many specializations one can take in the field of IT. Be it from boredom of one’s current job or just wish to expand one’s horizons, there is always something to learn in IT, and many skills to learn to make one desirable employee.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .

Cybersecurity Certifications for Today's INFOSEC Careers

Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications is a world-leader in providing accredited education, training, and certifications for INFOSEC professionals. We strive to deliver the best course ware, the strongest Cyber Range, and the most user-friendly exam system in the market.

Our training courses follow our role-based Certification Roadmap. Plus, many of our classes include hands-on skill development in our Cyber Range.  We train students in penetration testing,disaster recovery, incident handling, and network forensics.  Additionally, our Information Assurance training certification meets military, government, private sector and institutional specifications.  

Accreditations

We've developed training for...

Canada Army Navy Airforce

The Canadian Department of National Defense

USAF

The United States Air Force

Defense Logistics Agency

A United States Counterintelligence Agency

Texas Workforce Commission

Texas Workforce Commission