Certified Security Principles +
Mile2®’s Certified Security Principles+ course provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today’s security environment. Students will gain an in‐depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control, and multi‐factor authentication become standard methods of protection. Students are given real-world scenarios to reinforce the material covered and will learn how to apply the concepts to their daily operations.
|Online, self-paced training|
|Live training in a classroom setting|
|Successfully pass the exam to earn your certification.|
The Certified Security Principles+ exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
Course Title: Certified Security Principles +
Duration: 5 Days
Class Format Options:
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led Online Training
Recommended minimum one-year experience with server
administration or network administration.
General understanding of business processes is beneficial.
Certification Exams: Certified Security Principles+
Covers Security+ Exam Objectives
- Module 0 - Class Introduction
- Module 1 – Introduction to IT Security
- Module 2 - Risk Management
- Module 3 - Understanding of Cryptography
- Module 4 - Understanding Identity and Access Management
- Module 5 - Managing Data Security
- Module 6 - Managing Network Security
- Module 7 - Managing Server/Host Security& Scanning
- Module 8 - Application Security for Non-Developers
- Module 9 - Understanding Mobile Device Security (IoT)
- Module 10 - Managing Day to Day Security
- Module 11 - Understating Compliance and Auditing
Who Should Attend?
- End User
- Company Employee
- Basic Computer User
Accreditations & Acknowledgements
- ACCREDITED by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
MAPPED to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS's Cyber Security Workforce Framework
APPROVED on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)